The journal "Eurasian Journal of Applied Biotechnology" has the following content types:
1. Review up to 50,000 characters (15-25 printed pages);
2. Original article up to 30,000 characters (10-15 printed pages);
3. Short communication up to 15,000 characters (5-8 printed pages);
4. Report from foreign scientist.
SCHEME FOR MANUSCRIPT SUBMISSION
Section 1 - Information in the original language
- An index to the Universal Decimal Classification (UDC);
- Manuscript title;
- Full name of the author (s) – including last name, first name and patronymic initials;
- Name of the organization and its agency;
- Address of the organization (please specify city, state, zip code) - e-mail address of all authors
- E-mail address of the corresponding author (for correspondence with the editorial board);
Authors need to specify one place of work.
- Abstract (150-250 words);
- Key words (6-10 words).
Section 2 - Information from Section 1, but in the Roman alphabet (transliteration and translation of the relevant data) in the same order: name of authors, title, abstract, keywords, organization name and address of the organization - in English.
Section 3 - Full text of the manuscript in its original language.
Section 4 "LITERATURE" - references in the original language, adjusted to GOST 7.1-2003.
Section 5 «REFERENCES» - References in the Roman alphabet.
Section 6 Abstract of manuscript in Kazakh (150-200 words), keywords (6-10 words)
REQUIREMENTS TO THE ARTICLE SECTIONS
Requirements for the author summary (abstract)
Abstract is a brief summary of the scientific work and should be comprehensible without reference to the publication itself. Author's summary of the manuscript is the main source of information in national and international systems and databases, indexing journal.
The use of verbs in the text:
In the summary and conclusion, use the past tense of the verb, in the introduction – present, in the methods, materials and results - past, in discussion - past and present time.
The structure, content and scope of abstract
Abstract can represent structure of the paper and should include an introduction, goals and objectives, methods, results and conclusion. Methods and methodology of work should not be described in the abstract, especially if methods are well-known. The results of the work should be described accurately and informatively with a summary of theoretical and experimental results, evidences and other relevant information. Title should not be repeated in the abstract. Standard abbreviations and symbols should be used, references are not allowed.
The main part of the manuscript must contain INTRODUCTION, MATERIALS AND METHODS, RESULTS, DISCUSSION and CONCLUSION.
If the method is not known, it is necessary to give a brief description of the method that was used. References of standard procedures can be omitted.
"Results" section should contain a description of the experimental data, with a focus on consistent patterns in observations; include tables and figures, not duplicative. Discussion should not repeat the description of the results of the study. At the end of this section is recommended to formulate the main conclusions of the answer to the question posed in the introductory part of the paper.
Nonstandard abbreviations should be defined after the first appearance in the text.
Units of measurement should be indicated in the International System of Units (SI).
List of references should be presented in two sections, namely, LITERATURE and REFERENCES. References in the first section should be cited in accordance with GOST 7.1-2003. Abbreviation for volume is T., for number - №, for pages - C.; in the English version volume is Vol., No. - № and page - P. The order of references in the list must match the order of their citation in the text, figures and tables. References to unpublished data are not allowed. References should be in square brackets. Number of sources in the original paper should not exceed 25, in a review manuscript no more than 50 sources.
The second section REFERENCES must fully replicate the list of references in the original language. Foreign sources are duplicated in the list of REFERENCES. Russian-language links should be brought to the Roman alphabet (Latin), and English translation. Reference must additionally contain PMID (PubMed identifier or PubMed unique identifier) and DOI (Digital Object Identifier) if available.
Transliteration of the Russian text (Cyrillic) should be made through a simple transliteration. Signs of "b" and "b" are omitted. A free online program www.translit.net can be used for transliteration of Russian text into Latin.
Illustrative material (figures, tables, photos)
All figures and tables should be presented sequentially in the end of the manuscript, each figure - on a separate page together with its legend. The text of the manuscript should contain links to figures. Each table should have a number and title, while each figure – a number and legend. All figure legends, table headings, content of rows and columns should be submitted in the original language and in English. Separate files with figures are required. Every individual file should be submitted in the .png format.
These should be brief, and should include sources of financial support, material (e.g. novel compounds, strains, etc.) not available commercially, personal assistance, advice from colleagues and gifts.
Information on the sources of financial support for the research indicating grant # should be provided.
These sections are followed after the section "Conclusion", before the section "References".
Documents required for submission of publication:
• The text of the manuscript with figures - 2 paper copies;
• An electronic version of the manuscript and figures saved on electronic media (USB-drive, CD-, DVD-ROM) - 1 copy;
• An electronic version of the manuscript text and figures to it for publication in the online journal (Requirements presented below) - 1 copy.
• Expert review with permission for open publication of the manuscript - 1 copy;
• 2 reviews of the manuscript from the leading scientists in this field of research - 1 copy;
• A cover letter from the organization - 1 copy;
• License agreement, signed by all authors (available for download from www.biotechlink.org).
One copy of the manuscript should contain on its last page signatures of all authors with the last name, first name, middle name, position, degree, academic rank, electronic and postal address, phone number (with prefix). Specify the name of the corresponding author for correspondence.
The required documents can be sent in a scanned form by e-mail, while the original documents by mail.
1. The text should be typed in Microsoft Office Word (font Times New Roman, size 12, one and a half line spacing, symbols and signs of font sets, including Greek, should be inserted through "Insert / Symbol" command). Page margins are 2 cm at the top, bottom and right, 4 cm on the left.
2. .DOC format, all tables should be created as standard MS Word tables;
3. All figures have to be of excellent quality and high-resolution (300 dpi);
4. All the pictures to the manuscript must be submitted in the .PNG format as separate files. Files should be named according to their location in the manuscript (Figure 1);
5. Figure consisting of several parts (e.g., Figure-1a, Figure-1b), should be provided as a one-piece design.
Warning! Failure to comply with the requirements makes it impossible to publish online version of the manuscript.
All received manuscripts go through peer review process. After review, the manuscript is returned to the author with comments. Reviewers (experts) are obliged to respect the confidentiality of peer-reviewed manuscripts and should report to the editor if there is a conflict of interest.
Mailing address for manuscripts:
Kazakhstan, Nur-Sultan, 13/1 Valikhanov Street
RSE "National Center for Biotechnology"
The Editorial Board of "Eurasian Journal of Applied Biotechnology" journal
For more information call
Tel. (7172) 211750
Fax (7172) 214633